Ads Top

The Legend of Xiao Chuo《燕云台》Character Chart (Updated 16 July 2020)

Warning: May contain spoilers


Repost with credit. Do not edit/crop

I found someone uploaded a relationship chart of the novel version of The Legend of Xiao Chuo (we shall call it Yan Yun Tai, or YYT) on Baidu bar hence I've decided to translate and expand the chart based on the filming spoilers so far. There might be new characters in the TV series but since there's lack of information, I will update the chart when the series is released.

This chart will explain what it means about the Xiao sisters marrying the 3 branches of the Liao royal family (Yelu). Basically, Charmaine married her own uncle, her sisters also married their cousin/uncle. I would say the political move by their father Xiao Siwen, who is the Chancellor (sort of like Prime Minister, the most powerful person under the ruling emperor). There's no genetic research nor it's a taboo to marry maternal relatives back then, so let's not get our panties in a twist over this revelation.

Lol, there's no official image of Peter Sheng, so I'm putting his teaser pic from his own Weibo. Meng Ziyi will also cameo in this drama but it's unknown about her character, but I suspect she is the ill-fated wife of our male lead Han Derang. Consort Bo Hai still exists in this drama through the actress have not been revealed. 

Update 16 July 2020:

Today, YYT Weibo released a few more stills, including Peter Sheng and Meng Zhi Yi. My guess is right, MZY is guest-starring as Shawn Dou's wife (though I'm not sure if their relationship will be changed in the drama). 

p.s. If you have identified more cast and their roles in the drama, please comment below and I'll add them in!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.