Ads Top

Off Topic: What's Your Favourite Sunscreen? Do they pass the test?

Video credit to 乐乐团长.

For me, living in tropical Malaysia means sunshine all year round. When I was in my teenage years, I was very active in outdoor activities (including marching) and didn't bother to wear any sun protection, taking my tanned skin as a sort of trophy. In my 20's I've developed hyperpigmentation on my arms (I wore jeans often hence feet not affected). And as I age, I start to develop hyperpigmentation on my face too and darn I had to spend so much $$$$ on treatments and facials. Sunscreen became an integral part of my life where I won't step outside without applying one, and I keep sunscreen spray in the purse to re-apply midday. 

With the growing concerns on skincare ingredients (chemical vs mineral sunscreen), skin types (dry, oily, combination, sensitive), a lot of brands are marketing themselves as the best sunscreen. Being in Southeast Asia with considerable influence from Asian skincare market, we have access to Japanese, Korean and Chinese sun protection, on top of existing Western brands. It's so hard to choose!

Luckily, I've found this video on Weibo whereby they tested nearly 100 types of sunscreen (western and Asian brands) on a real person, in a rather amusing but unbias experiment. Check out if your current brand withstands the test!

For those who doesn't know Chinese, here's the list of top-rated sunscreen from the test:

Anessa (all variant), CPB, Kanebo Allie (green), Naris Up, IPSA, Cosmeport Suncut, Fancl Sunguard, Sofina Beaute, La Roche Posay.

VT Tiger, AHC sunstick, JM Solutions, ISDIN are in the Do Not Buy list lol....

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.