Ads Top

Irene Wong getting married, the groom have to overcome 3 obstacles


[Oriental Daily 29/03/2008]

Last night, Irene Wong married her boyfriend of 5 years Joey and held a 38 table banquet. The atmosphere is very merry and romantic.

When the groom Joey went to fetch his bride, he has to overcome 3 obstacles such as soaking his feet in soft drinks; eating sweet sour spicy and bitter hamburgers and also blowing candles with stockings over his head. Mentioning her husband's wedding proposal, Irene is glowing with happiness: "That day I was feeling unwell, but he keep insisting I go out to have dinner with him. I can guess that he wants to propose, but I did not expect him to hide the wedding ring in the last dessert so I was quite surprised." During the banquet, the pair keep complimenting each other Irene praised her husband being an honest and filial son while Joey praise her as beautiful and caring. Asked if they would like to have a baby soon, they both expressed that they want to enjoy a couple's life first; baby will come naturally.

Among those attended are Charmaine Sheh, Sherming Yiu, Annie Man, Zuki Lee, Catherine Chow etc. Charmaine expressed that giving gift cash is more practical and wish the newlywed a sweet life and quickly have a baby since Irene is a very caring person and hence she will be a good mother. Sherming also said that Irene's husband like children, so she hope they would have baby soon.

Additional news from Sina:


Irene Wong quickly said "I do"

TVB artist Irene Wong married her boyfriend of 5 years Joey last week. During the ceremony, there was a small mishap: "After the lawyer asked my husband to say 'I do' and say his wedding vow, during my turn he did not ask me to say "I do' but asked me to say my wedding vow instead. Luckily I noticed and asked the lawyer, but I did not wait for him to reply but straight ahead said 'I do'."

She admitted that she was touched during the ceremony. She almost cried before she could finish the last three words of her wedding vow. After the ceremony, her husband even sang for her and performed magic trick show. "He is not in the entertainment circle, it's his first time facing so many people therefore I sang along to encourage him." When it's time for the newlywed to toast to the guests, Charmaine Sheh noticed that she was drinking fake red wine therefore in the end Irene had to be fined by drinking a glass of real wine.

If reposted, please give due credit.

Pictures:




Sehseh: Congrats to Irene! Irene are among Charmaine's circle of close friend since they knew each other sine ROTC days. Wonder when will it be Charmaine's turn?

2 comments:

  1. Before I finished reading this post I was thinking loudly "When will it be charmaine's turn?" and your last line was " Wonder when will it be Charmaine's turn?" We are of the same mind. I do wonder... But difficult wouldn't it, because asian stars have a tendency to retire after marriage. Can you handle not reading or seeing her in the telly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can handle it since I've been keeping copies of her show.

    For now, I can't bear it if she have to continue acting into someone's mother role like Maggie Shiu.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.