Ads Top

Charmaine Sheh Joins 10th Anniversary Celebrations

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

[Ta Kung Pao 02/07/07]

Charmaine Sheh was the guest judge at a children's art competition to mark the 10th Anniversary of the Hong Kong's Return, where she was joined by 39 people who were born in 1997, who were asked to draw their most beautiful cake to celebrate Hong Kong SAR's 10th Birthday.

Charmaine admired the children's talent and she indicated that she loves children and drawing and even won a certificate in a drawing competition when she was young, but she is too busy now to take up art. She does plan to learn brush calligraphy though because it is very calming and makes her feel very peaceful, giving her a space of her own. She says: "I don't have time at the moment, but I will definitely take it up."

Charmaine entered Miss Hong Kong in 1997 and says that this was a huge decision for her. She smiles: "At the time, my mother told me to enter, so I just did what she told me to. As for the biggest change over the last ten years, it is that a lot of people know me now and I have found a job that I truly love - acting. At the same time, my dreams have been fulfilled by the opening of Hong Kong Disneyland, so I don't need to fly to another place for it and I feel very proud about this."

As for the next ten years, what wishes does Charmaine have? She says: "I hope that Hong Kong's economy will get even better and I will film more good series. (You love childre, will you have some of your own?) Children nowadays are very smart and you have to give them 100% love to reap rewards. You have to be by their side for them to grow up healthily, but I want to continue acting and not give up my wages for people to look after them, so I don't want to have kids just yet. (Have you planned when you want to have children?) You cannot plan these things, just as I hoped in the past to get married at 27 and have kids at 30, but the deadlines have passed and so I will leave the rest to fate. (What about a lightning marriage?) I feel that it is all in the plan and when it is time, I will enter the next phase of my life, but if I do meet this person, then it will be a happy thing."

News translation credit to Em TVBspace.

Pics:



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.