Ads Top

Doomed from the beginning


Memories of Bali, The Bali Story, Hearts in Bali or What Happened in Bali. Four different titles for one series. Pretty confusing. From now on I'll just call it Bali. Anyway, the reason for my post is not about the title. It's more about the plotline progress. So far, the plot has been snail paced (but that doesn't stop me from watching) until last night when something major finally happened.

Before I go further, let me introduce the summary of this depressing series:

Soo-Jung (Ha Ji-Won, Damo, Secret) is an independent spirit with a difficult past, who is in Bali searching for a wealthy man to rescue her. Jae-Min (Jo In-Sung, Spring Days, Classic) is wealthy, but is irresponsible, arrogant, and uninterested in business. He is headed for an arranged marriage to Young-Joo (Park Ye-Jin, Four Sisters), but she's not yet over her recent breakup with In-Wook (So Ji-Sub, I am sorry I love You), an ambitious man of humbler means.

Young-Joo and In-Wook visit Bali to find some time alone, but they're greeted at their destination by Jae-Min. A tenuous lie averts immediate disaster, and the three embark on a tour of Bali - with Soo-Jung as their tour guide! See how far these people will go to win the zero-sum game of love and greed. Something did happen in Bali… are you ready to find out what?

Money matters above everything else. This is what the characters in the series tell you. And this is why they perished in the end. Oops... don't want to spoil too much. Initially I was shocked when I read the spoilers but as I watch this series; they had it coming. You can say that they dug their own graves, so to speak.

You may dislike Shui Jing for being materialistic. I would say she's just realistic. Being a bread person, I'm also likely to choose Zai Min if I'm in her shoes. But as a woman, you'll curse her for being so pathetic - she claims to have dignity but time after time of being humiliated she still harbors hope to get near Zai Min. And everytime she fails, she falls into Ren Xu arms again.

I pity Zai Min but I felt nothing for Ren Xu because I think he's just as hypocrite as Shui Jing. Ying Chu's a bitch but at least she doesn't pretend to be someone she's not. However, I read that this woman is equally selfish as Shui Jing. We'll see.

Anyone watching this series right now?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.