Ads Top

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason


Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?
photo courtersy of Yahoo! Movies

BJ is back! This time she's chubbier but nonetheless still as charming and adorable. This sequel picks up 6 weeks after she walk into the sunset with Mark Darcy (Colin Firth as the gentleman lawyer with a stiff upper lip). Will they be 'happily ever after'? Not really, with BJ insecurities and the flirtatious Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant) around the corner.
Frankly, eventhough Daniel is a bastard (he still was) - I prefer him to Darcy. "I miss you, giant panties!" (Daniel's actually grandma panties fetish? lol). Darcy on the other hand, well what I would term a good man (but folding his boxer neatly before going into bed?!). Perfect is so boring...
Overall, the movie was quite predictable. I practically expect BJ and Mark will end up together, which they did. If only this movie is as funny as the first movie. I would say this sequel is too romantic (and a bit sappy) for my taste. Do look out for the (sissy) fight scene between Mark and Daniel - one of the main reason I watched this movie for.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.